Extended information on cookies
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to the visitor’s computer to identify univocally the visitor’s browser or to save information or settings in the browser. When the User returns to visit the website, this information can be recovered. While browsing a website, the user may also receive on his computer cookies from sites (of “third parties”) other than the one he is visiting; this can happen because the website he is visiting may also include elements such as statistics, chats, images, maps, etc. which are situated on other servers.
Types of cookies
- Technical cookies: there are 2 types of them:
- Persistent: once the browser is closed, they are not destroyed until an already set up expiration date;
- Session: they are destroyed every time the browser is closed, they are used for the sole purpose of keeping track of the user’s session while browsing. For example, they allow the user to make a purchase or to log in and access to restricted areas.
- Analytical cookies: They have statistical purposes and are assimilated to technical cookies, they collect information, in aggregate form, concerning the accesses, the number of users and how they use the website.
- Functional cookies: in order to improve the service, they store some user’s preferences such as language, products selected for purchase, etc.
- Profiling cookies: the purpose is to create user profiles and then show advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the internet.
The Guarantor distinguishes the aforementioned requirements based on the type of cookies used:
- Technical cookies which are also equivalent to navigation cookies, analytics cookies and functionality cookies. The user must be informed of these cookies but his consent is not required;
What cookies are used on the website?
- The website uses technical cookies which are essential for the functionality of the website itself. These cookies are not stored on the user’s computer but remain in the browser’s memory only during the browsing of the website.
Privacy policies of third parties present on the website.
- It is possible to selectively disable the action of Google Analytics by installing the component opt-out provided by Google ;
Other notices concerning links / badges present on the website
- Google+ ( notice )
- Google Maps (notice )
- Facebook (notice )
- Twitter (notice )
- Linkedin ( notice )
- YouTube (notice)
By continuing to browse the website, you accept the use of the cookies indicated.
How can I change the cookie settings?
Most of the navigation software / browsers allow you to delete the cookies that are present on the hard drive of your computer or even to change their settings, with also the possibility of blocking the approval of cookies. However, we must point out that most of the modern websites will not be able to function properly with settings that are too restrictive.
How to change the settings for: